Our Company was originally formed as a partnership firm known as Kamlapat Motilal at Kanpur; the founder partners were Jhunjhunwalas & Singhanias and they had set up a small sugar milling plant at Kanpur in the year 1942 which was shifted to present site at village Masodha, P.O Motinagar, Dist. Faizabad between 1949 and 1950.
During the year 1971 the firm was converted into Private Limited Company known as K. M. Sugar Mills (Pvt.) Ltd., and got registered with the Registrar of Companies, Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur. The Company became a deemed public company in the year 1974 in terms of provisions 43A of the Companies Act. The Company was converted back to a Private Limited Company under Section 43A (2A) of the Companies Act. in the year 2002. The Company was again converted into a public limited company with effect from April 20, 2005
At the time of the conversion of the firm into a Private Limited Company in 1971, Mr. L. K. Jhunjhunwala joined as Managing Director. During the year 1979, Singhanias transferred their stake in the Company to Jhunjhunwalas.
Our Company expanded the sugar cane crushing capacity from 1800 TCD to 2500 TCD in the year 1980 and crushing capacities were increased from 2500 TCD to 3500 TCD in the year 2000 and further to 5000 TCD in the year 2003and in 2006 further from 5000 TCD to 6500 TDC. Now we have expanded its capacity to 9000 TCD in the year 2014.
The distillery division of our Company was set up in the year 1995 to manufacture Rectified Spirit (45 KLPD) and Extra Neutral Alcohol (20 KLPD). In the year 2003 the division started production of Ethanol (30KLPD) and in the year 2004 the Extra Neutral Alcohol plant was modified to produce Ethanol and thereby increasing the total Ethanol production capacity to 45 KLPD.
Our Company started Co Generation Plant with capacity of 25 MWh in the Year 2007 which was commissioned in 2008. Our company has signed power purchase Agreement with Uttar Pradesh power Corporation Ltd. For Sale of power generated by Co- Gen plant.